The International Land Coalition (ILC) is a coalition of civil society and intergovernmental organizations promoting secure and equitable access to and control over land for poor women and men thro
Our vision is a just world without poverty. We want a world where people are valued and treated equally, enjoy their rights as full citizens, and can influence decisions affecting their lives.
Our purpose is to help create lasting solutions to the injustice of poverty. We are part of a global movement for change, empowering people to create a future that is secure, just, and free from poverty.
Landesa partners with governments and local organizations to ensure that the world’s poorest families have secure rights over the land they till. Founded as the Rural Development Institute, Landesa has helped more than 105 million poor families gain legal control over their land since 1967. When families have secure rights to land, they can invest in their land to sustainably increase their harvests and reap the benefits—improved nutrition, health, and education—for generations.
This webinar aims to: (1) promote understanding of the role CSOs can play in monitoring the progress of SDG land targets; (2) Introduce formats developed by the SDG Land Momentum Group on parallel reporting to ILC members and the land community; (3) Encourage CSOs and other stakeholders to report on progress on the implementation of SDG land targets.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Why it is important for CSOs to report on progress of the 2030 SDG agenda
- Ways that CSOs and other stakeholders can report on progress of SDG land targets
- How CSO reporting have contributed to advocacy so far
MEET THE PANEL
- Rueben Lifuka - Vice-Chair, International Board, TRANSPARENCY INTERNATIONAL: "Why CSO space matter and the role that CSOs play in SDG reporting"
- Diana Fletschner - Senior Director Research, Evaluation and Learning, LANDESA: "How CSOs can engage in reporting"
- Eva Hershaw - Land Monitoring and Data Specialist, ILC: "Member-led land monitoring of global frameworks"
- Jimmy Ochom - Land Rights Coordinator, OXFAM Uganda: "Case study from Uganda: Experiences and Lessons Learnt through advocacy based on the parallel reporting on SDGs"
The webinar will be moderated by Rukshana Nanayakkara, Global Policy and Advocacy Expert at ILC.
In order to register, please write an email to Clara Lapeyre firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate:
- the webinar you want to join
- your name
- your organisation
Before the webinar, we will send you the ZOOM link to join and further instructions.