Forest Peoples Programme supports the rights of peoples who live in forests and depend on them for their livelihoods. We work to create political space for forest peoples to secure rights, control their lands and decide their own futures.
- Get the rights and interests of forest peoples recognised in laws, policies and programmes
- Support forest peoples to build their own capacities to claim and exercise their human rights
- Counter top-down policies and projects that threaten the rights of forest peoples
- Promote community-based sustainable forest management
- Ensure equity, counter discrimination and promote gender justice
- Inform NGO actions on forests in line with forest peoples’ visions
- Link up indigenous and forest peoples’ movements at the regional and international levels