DFID's Land: Enhancing Governance for Economic Development (LEGEND) programme is promoting learning and innovation through 7 CSO-private sector partnerships in diverse agri-regions in 5 African countries; USAID and others are supporting similar initiatives. This side event will share and discuss early insights from these pilots and explore what can be achieved through these approaches:
• The type of investments and the challenges they face at project sites and along supply chain.
• Case studies from Malawi, Mozambique and Ghana: early lessons emerging.
• New tools and approaches being developed.
• How civil society and private business can work together and what Governments can do.
• Opportunities to broaden learning and scale up success.
The event features speakers from: DFID LEGEND Team; lllovo Sugar, Malawi; Terra Firma, Mozambique; USAID; Oxfam CFS Private Sector Mechanism (PSM) and Civil Society Mechanism (CSM). Closing keynote: Lorenzo Cotula, IIED.
Open space for contributions: Tell us about your initiative!
Coffee, tea and breakfast snacks available.
This event takes place on the 11 October 2017, from 08:30am - 10:00am, at the Lebanon Room, FAO Headquarters, Rome, and is side event #32 at the 44th Committee on World Food Security (CFS 44).
Photo by Ricky Martin/CIFOR
This qualitative dataset shows how national laws measure up against the international standards on expropriation, compensation, and resettlement as established in Section 16 of the UN Voluntary Guidelines on the Responsible Governance of Tenure of Land Fisheries and Forests in the Context of National Food Security (VGGTs). The UN Committee on World Food Security, a body consisting of 193 governments, endorsed the VGGTs in 2012.